Friday 29 March 2013

'Fitness is the basis of our relationship'

I met my husband Jack in the gym. Where else? He was on the stair machine and I was in the weight room. Our story has been about fitness ever since.

He manages the local
gym and is also an ACE-certified
personal trainer. To say that he is in
great shape is an understatement.


Did I mention that he is 57 years
old and we live at altitude, about 8,500
feet above sea level? He can run circles
around guys half his age and is "strong
like bull", as he would say. He is just
under 5' 10" tall. In 1990, when we met,
he weighed about 170 pounds. Now he is
a svelte 150 and his body fat is in the
low-teens.

He says that exercise is his therapy. He
has saved us thousands of dollars in
psycho-therapy costs because he is a
disciplined exerciser (sic). He works out his
angst and solves his problems while
lifting weights and doing cardio. He
motivates me and keeps me going when I
don't feel like it. I have to stay in shape
just to keep up with him! Fitness is the
basis of our relationship. When I think of
Jack in the years to come, I just have to
smile. I envision a strong, yet wiry guy
who will still be trying to play with chain
saws

No comments:

Post a Comment