Friday 24 August 2012

Is there such a thing as enough?


I remember on various ocassions, when I'm working out in the gym, and piling on enough work to make my veins and muscles pop, the ocassional awestruck novice bodybuilder would make a remark like, 'yo bro, if I got a body like yours, I'd stop working out'. I usually just chuckle, while acknowledging the compliments.

But, it just struck me now that no one can really feel satisfied with their muscular achievement, not just in bodybuilding, but in all spheres of human endeavour.

The quest for perfection keeps us going, elusive, yet seemingly attainable. So, we keep pushing. In our relationships, jobs, vocations, studies, in everything we do, we keep pushing. And yes, we may never achieve perfection, we however better ourselves in the process, and learn valuable lessons along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment